Friday 20 March 2020
We will continue normal business hours and will endeavour to maintain good stock levels and deliver orders on time, but please be aware that some delays may occur over the coming weeks.
Holistique are a small online only store, with minimal contact except postal services and stock deliveries, rest assured we are following all recommended guidelines.
Thank you and stay safe. Lesley
FAQ: Can customers catch coronavirus from the mail?
Public Health England has advised that there is no perceived increase in risk of contracting the new coronavirus for handling post or freight from specified areas. From experience with other coronaviruses, Royal Mail know these types of viruses don’t survive long on objects, such as letters or parcels. Find up-to-date information on the Royal Mail website.
FAQ: Coronavirus: changes to Royal Mail Delivery service (Last updated 19 March 2020)
USEFUL INFO – THIS NEXT PART IS LONG BUT PLEASE READ
- The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
- Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
- The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
- HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
- Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
- Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
- Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
- NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.
- NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between:
3 hours (fabric and porous);
4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates);
24 hours (cardboard);
42 hours (metal);
72 hours (plastic).
- The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
- UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
- The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
- Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
- NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
- LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.
- The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
- This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
- You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturiser, the better.
- Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.